Monday, March 08, 2010

Think Twice

If you knew me in college you know that I was involved in Fish Camp at Texas A&M. I was a co-chair my junior year and had the privilege of co-leading a group of counselors who would help welcome a group of freshmen into Texas A&M. It was one of the best experiences of my college years. Shortly after Christmas I got some devastating news that one of my counselor's husbands was tragically killed in a car accident. The other driver was texting while driving, got distracted and crossed three lanes of traffic and hit their car head on. Please take the time to read her story here and think twice about picking up your cell phone while in the car. Life is too precious!

2 comments:

Flo and Grace said...

amen! Not the I love Oprah, but I am glad she's doing the "no phone zone" challenge for cars! ugh...so scary to think that even if YOU are being cautious, someone else can ruin it all.

Davy said...

this story is so sad. thank you so much for sharing. I will definitely think twice.

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...