Friday, October 12, 2007

OUCH!


We had our first major accident this evening. This afternoon I took the boys for a walk and Travis was already home by the time we made it back. So I parked the stroller on the back porch and got the boys out. Travis came outside and Tyler continued to play while I took Cooper in to get dinner ready. Tyler reached out to push the stroller and lost his balance and fell and hit his head on one of the brick columns on the back porch. Travis saw the whole thing happen and immediately picked him up. Blood was gushing everywhere and he yelled for me to bring him a rag. I came outside and all I saw was blood. I started freaking out (I've decided I'm not the calmest person in these type of situations!) and ran to get a rag. I grabbed Cooper and the car seat and we were off to the emergency room.

We ended up taking him to a Minor Emergency Center because we figured it would be quicker and it is closer to our house. Well, after filling out all the paper work and waiting 45 minutes they told us that they don't stitch up babies and recommended that we take him to the hospital emergency room. Are you kidding me? We had just spent 45 minutes entertaining an 18 month old with a busted head and it was and hour past his dinner time. Off we went to the emergency room, but not without a quick stop at Sonic.

We were worried we would be at the emergency room all night, but we were pleasantly surprised with the service we received. After admitting us, they put us on the "fast track" since he was a small child and obviously knew that it would be to their advantage to get us out of there quick. Tyler got lots of attention in the waiting room and was actually really enjoying himself there... until the nurse came to put him in a papoose to keep his arms and legs still. Then they put a rag over his head. He totally freaked out and it was so sad watching him have to go through this. He got three stitches and we were in and out of there in about an hour. We came home and he went straight to bed.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tyler, I love your picture and want to kiss your oweee!! You are so precious!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a future marty accident. I am glad you have one a little older so I can be one step ahead.

Christine Hoover said...

does Tyler take any pictures with his eyes open and his mouth closed?

wow...one thing we surprisingly haven't experienced yet. Glad he's all right!

Anonymous said...

Travis,
You're starting your son off early with battle scars. Almost as good as Kyle pushing you off the couch. I think it will take more than a brick wall to hurt that big ol' boy.

Fleming Family said...

I'm sure glad Tyler is ok and no huge battle scar! Can't wait to see all of you next weekend!

Kelsey said...

I was sad to hear about the accident, but it looks like he's doing just fine. I loved the part about him having fun in the waiting room.

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...