Friday, December 17, 2010

Christmas Program

Yesterday the boys participated in their Christmas Program at school. Tyler played the part of Joseph and Cooper was one of the shepherds. Lily, Tyler's best friend, played the part of Mary. I LOVE going to watch the boys programs because the kids totally crack me up. All of the kids did a really great job and sang their little hearts out. During the program Mary and Joseph went and sat in little chairs by the manger. I was sitting on the front row and noticed that Tyler started to rock and lean back in his chair. I knew that could mean trouble and I tried to get his attention to tell him to keep it on the floor, but to no avail. Minutes later Tyler looses his balance and flips the chair and lands flat on his back. The entire audience gasped! I saw it coming and couldn't believe it actually happened! He proceeds to get up, pick the chair up, and plop back in the chair. Once seated, the tears started flowing. He didn't really seem embarrassed, I think it knocked the breath out of him. I didn't know what to do. I didn't know if I should go get him off the stage to calm him down or leave him up there to suffer the consequences. I left him on stage- tears and all. Mrs. Iris, the Preschool Director, went to him and said a few words. He calmed down after that and continued to sing the last song with the group. This will definitely be a story we tell years from now... Remember the time you played Joseph and flipped the chair over! I don't have a video of it yet, but the Preschool is making copies for all of the parents. I did get some pictures before the "incident"!

Mary and Joseph enter the stage


The angel leading Mary and Joseph


Mary and Joseph sitting by baby Jesus in the manger


Shepherd Cooper looking a little frightened by the crowd. He finally warmed up and sang with all his might! He loves to sing!


Shepherd Cooper a little lost on stage!


The kids singing "He's got the Whole World in His Hands"


2 comments:

Fleming Family said...

When I read your text, I was afraid one of the boys got on stage and refused to do their part and threw a fit or something! Poor Tyler--I bet he never does that again on stage....I'm glad he made it through the program and he and Cooper both look so great in their costumes. I can't wait to see the video!

Sherry said...

Boys will be boys........hahahah Just glad he didn't get hurt.

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...