Friday, August 31, 2007

I've been Tagged!

Well, I have been tagged by several people so I thought I would go ahead and share my 8 facts about me. I have already done one of these so I tried to think of some new things about me you may not know!

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

8 Random Facts or Habits about me:

1. When I was a child, I desperately wanted to name our cat, Spot. My family didn't agree and therefore I never got to have a cat named Spot. They just didn't see the humor in it I guess.

2. I have been tested for mental retardation! I'm serious. Here's the story- my mom has worked in Special Education pretty much my whole life. She was trying to become a Diagnostician and she had to practice or have so many practice hours in testing and so she tested me, my sister, and my dad! I hope I passed. We still aren't sure about my dad.

3. At night when I lay in bed and think about the day or whatever it is I'm thinking about I picture the sentences in my head. As each word appears I picture how the word would be typed out on the keyboard. I can see each letter and where it would appear on the keyboard. It's really weird, I know.

4. In third grade we had to bring home all of our papers each week and get a parents signature on them. Well, I would get my mom's signature for the weeks that I had good grades. When I had a bad grade for the week I would forge my dad's signature. My dad obviously has the worst handwriting and signature if a third grader could forge it and get away with it!

5. Travis and I were married on June 8 which is also my in-laws anniversary.

6. I am DEATHLY afraid of tornadoes and sharks. I grew up in Tyler and they have a siren that goes off when there is a tornado warning. Well, I grew up in a two story house and I was so scared a tornado would come and blow off the second story and take me with it. Whenever I would hear the siren I would jump out of bed and go get in the downstairs bath tub. I still listen for the "freight train" noise of tornadoes anytime it is storming.

7. I almost caught our house on fire in high school. I'm not sure I ever told my parents about this!!! It was around Christmas time and my sister and I would put Christmas lights in our room. My lights were strung around my bed and over a lamp. Well the lamp was a halogen lamp with an open top. One evening I turned the lights on and decided to take a bath. As I was running the water I went back in my room for some reason and discovered that the cord from the lights had fallen into the lightbulb area and it was burning the cord. It never actually caught fire but it was smoking a little bit and the cord was black! It scared me to death.

8. I have discovered my husband likes brunettes. I am the only blonde he ever dated and all of his celebrity crushes are brunettes. Maybe I should dye my hair so I have a fighting chance.

Now I tag the following people:

Travis, Kyle, Christine, Ross, Kim Johnson, Rachel, and Charlie

1 comment:

Fleming Family said...

Wow, the things I learn about my own daughter through her blog! Didn't know you nearly burned down the house!

This was a great post!

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...