Monday, January 31, 2011

Weekend Project

This weekend Travis took the boys to Oakville to go hunting with a friend of his. It was just Claire and me for the entire weekend and it was QUIET! I decided I would tackle a project I've been wanting to do for a while now. I saw it here a long time ago and knew I wanted to make one for our family. I was able to complete it by the time the boys got home on Sunday. Here is the final product:



I'm going to hang it in the playroom that we have been working on the past month. Here are the rules if you can't read them from the picture:

  • Always tell the truth... No matter what
  • Clean up after yourself
  • Encourage your siblings; share in their joy
  • Use your manners: Yes please, No thank you
  • Pray about Everything
  • Say you're sorry... Forgiveness is Mandatory
  • Keep your promises
  • Choose to do right, even when others don't
  • Love the Lord Your God
  • Obey right away, all the way, in a cheerful way
  • Give Generously
  • Sing silly, Dance crazy, Snuggle often, Say I love you
  • Thank God for this day, for this family, for this home
  • Dream BIG
  • Do everything without complaining
I showed the boys when they got home and Tyler was very interested in hearing all of the rules. He asked if these were all the rules and I said these were the most important rules. He said, "But what about wearing my bicycle helmet?" I told him that was still a rule, just not the most important rules!

8 comments:

Callie said...

you did AWESOME!!!!! I love it!!

SMccracken said...

I've been wanting to make one of these too! Looks great!

L. Madeley said...

SO cute, Sarah!!

Jessi said...

I love this! I read a book recently that talked about a Family Mission Statement...sounds similar to this...but this is waaaay cuter!

Sherry said...

I love that! Tyler is soooo cute with his questions. I miss ya'll.

The Eges said...

Saw this a while back too and have totally been wanting to do one! Maybe you've inspired me to actually DO IT!

I know Matt enjoyed chatting with Travis a little the other night... although did they tell you what all they talked about??

Take care!

Fleming Family said...

I love the rules! You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Sarah, I think that you will have enough time to finish another one of these before my birthday!! Hint, hint! Kind of kidding :) It's precious and I love Tyler's comment. Can't believe how big Claire is! She's adorable...can you believe they are almost ONE?!?
Give them hugs from us. Love, Kristi

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...