Friday, October 20, 2006

Any Takers?

Crockett appears to be very innocent and sweet, but I'm about to prove otherwise. Yesterday I left the house around 8:30 to go to my women's bible study. After my bible study, I headed to the doctor to get Tyler's ear checked and returned home around 1. As I'm pulling up to the house I see Crockett running down the driveway. I think to myself, oh no, how did Crockett get out. As most of you know he should be quietly :) sitting in the backyard behind the fence. Well, we have had a lot of rain and thunderstorms recently and because of that a tree branch fell and landed on the sturdy fence constructed by Travis and Ross. The top of the fence post broke and Crockett managed to escape. Out of the corner of my eye I notice that there is batting strung through the yard. I initially thought that Crockett had torn up another one of Spot's toys (our neighbors dog brings stuffed toys over and tends to leave them on our back porch.) but after further inspection I discover that Crockett has kidnapped our neighbor's stuffed scarecrows from their front porch. He completely ripped off the heads of both scarecrows and they are all over our yard. I was so mad I could hardly stand it. I should have run over him right then and there. Our neighbors are out of town right now so we haven't had a chance to talk to them about this little incident. I'm dreading having to go explain about our idiotic dog who cannot behave himself. Anyway, here is a picture of the headless scarecrows that I am going to have to pay for. So after this story, who wouldn't want to take home such a lovely dog? Let me know if I have any takers!

The Headless Scarecrows

1 comment:

Christine Hoover said...

crockett could go live with molly

2012

It's time for our recap of 2012!  This year has brought some major answer to prayers and we have seen the hand of God move in incredible...